PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 29 - 'How Do I...?'The fourth PechaKucha night of 2019 is at Fairfield Social Club for an extra special PechaKucha taking place as part of Design Manchester. As ever, 10 creatives will take on the PechaKucha challenge: to present on a topic using 20 images, with only 20 seconds per image. No stopping.
For this PechaKucha, the speakers are responding to the topic 'How Do I...?', as part of this year's overall Design Manchester theme, SMART. So if you wanted to learn about how to compose music, start your own podcast or how to set up an art gallery on your driveway, this is the event for you.
Here at Rare Mags, we are big fans of the PechaKucha events, promoting, in one evening the varied subjects and proposed thoughts often found in magazines. Due to this we will be setting up for the evening to chat magazines, sell you great ones and generally join the conversation.
PK are also running MAG/\ZINE SWAP so if you have an old magazine that you cannot bear to throw away then bring it to PechaKucha and swap it with someone else for another one.
On the evening there's food from Geordie Soul and workshops from Venessa Scott on 'How do I scale up an artwork to the size of a building and paint it?'
- Karl Doran - Founder and Creative Director, Flow + Jordan Painter - Lead Motion Designer, Flow
- Clare Freeman - The Podcast Coach
- DR.ME Studio - Art & Design Studio
- Thomas Ragsdale - Music composer
- Dr. Aravind Vijayaraghavan - Reader in Nanomaterials, The University of Manchester
- Eve Holt - Co-Founder and Director, Happen Together CIC and Labour Councillor, Manchester City Council
- Mollie Balshaw & Rebekah Beasley - Artists and Curators, Short Supply
- Pete Swift -Founder and Managing Director of Planit Intelligent Environments
- Tash Willcocks - Director of Masters Europe at Hyper Island
- Craig Oldham - Designer, Writer, Publisher